Dec 6, 2010

{my first} miscellany monday


1. fashion crazy.

Some of you might've groaned....but I'm serious. Fashion is my latest craze, my new-found love. Modest fashion, to be specific...I believe fashion is perfectly OK if it's modest. :) Feel the same? So I love vintage stuff but it's so expensive and I hope I'll be able to find an antique/vintage dress for cheap. I love this one.

Ahh! Gorgeousness!




 2. doodle.

Yes, I'm a doodler. I'll doodle on my math paper, my iPod (there's a doodling app!), and  basically everything that can be written on. On my science notes I was looking back and there were a bunch of random little doodles that I had..um..doodled.

3. skit.

Our Jr. High Sunday School class is doing a Christmas skit for our church's Christmas program. The skit is titled 'Family Feud - a Christmas edition' and I think it's going to turn out great! Family Feud lovers, watch out. We're going to rock the history of Family Feud (in case you don't know, Family Feud is a TV game show.). 

4. violin.

Yes, my violin. I love my violin. The sound, the look, the smell....okay, I guess I can't really smell it, but oh well. My violin's beautiful! Er, speaking of my violin...I should practice when I'm done...and put a DampIt in it (to keep it from being out-of-tune in this wintry dry season).....

5. black pants.

Yes, black pants. Black, swishy, comfy, dressy, classy, pants are my latest fashion craze. And they go with just about everything. I wore them to church on Sunday with  my white camisole and blue cardigan. I also wore them to my orchestra concert with my white shirt. My black pants got given (yes, that's grammatically incorrect but you know what I mean) to me by my fashion advisor, aka my awesome friend Renae! So thanks girl, i <3 my pants.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Well, if that wasn't miscellany enough for you...I don't know where you'll find it!
Blessings,
~Lulu~

If you're looking for a giveaway post, just scroll down. I've posted 3 times today! I'm sooo sorry about that!

9 comments:

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Love the name of your blog, how cute! This is my first stop by but certainly not my last. I'm with you on modest dressing! Blessings to you!

Susannah said...

#1 and #2... Me too!

I played violin for several years, and I *totally* could smell it. :)

Elizabeth said...

I enjoyed reading this post, Lulu! I love reading "misc" posts.
1) Modest fashion is a favorite of mine, too! Someday I hope to find a lovely vintage dress, too!

2) Ah, yes, doodling--love it! Especially flowers!

3) Your skit sounds like loads of fun!! =)

4) I love to hear the violin, too! Some of my friends play and it is such a lovely instrument!

5) Black pants are so classy and can be easily dressed up. I don't have any right now, but when I was younger I had a pair that I enjoyed wearing.

Sorry that this was a bit long, Lulu! I know you prefer short comments, so sorry! I'll try leave a shorter one next time! =)
Joyfully in Jesus,
~Elizabeth

Elizabeth said...

I enjoyed reading this post, Lulu! I love reading "misc" posts.
1) Modest fashion is a favorite of mine, too! Someday I hope to find a lovely vintage dress, too!

2) Ah, yes, doodling--love it! Especially flowers!

3) Your skit sounds like loads of fun!! =)

4) I love to hear the violin, too! Some of my friends play and it is such a lovely instrument!

5) Black pants are so classy and can be easily dressed up. I don't have any right now, but when I was younger I had a pair that I enjoyed wearing.

Sorry that this was a bit long, Lulu! I know you prefer short comments, so sorry! I'll try leave a shorter one next time! =)
Joyfully in Jesus,
~Elizabeth

Lulu said...

Lea - Well, welcome to my blog! Thanks for stopping by! :)

Polka Dot - :) Thanks for stopping by and for following! (love your name!)

Elizabeth - No, that comment was good, I just don't like comments that ramble on & on. :) You're okay. Ah yes miscellaneous posts are fun to read even if they are somewhat scattered.

Tressa Mae said...

Love your blog, and the vintage dress is beautiful
XOXO
Tressa Mae

Lily said...

This was so enjoyable for me! Probably because I'm into random-ness right now. ;) I totally agree with your modest fashion ideas. If something's modest (well everybody has their own standards) and God-glorifing, than it is certainly OK to wear! And vintage dresses are sooooo gorgeous! The one you picked out there is beautiful!! Too bad some of them are so expensive. :( *tear*
I doodle on the back of my math paper too, haha. :D
The skit sounds amazing, it will be sooo much fun! And I think you're almost as much in love with your violin as I am with my piano. ;)
I too love black pants, but unfortunately we haven't found any on the clearance rack yet. :) Just kidding. But they are very fun! I also have a black pair of gauchos. (how on the EARTH do you spell that? It's pronounced GOW-CHOSE) And they just cover the knee, which is great for summer dress but not so much for winter. So they're packed away till next year. (hopefully I still fit them next year.)
I LOVE your random, miscellany posts! They are so much fun to read!

Your sister in Christ,
~Lily~

Annie said...

Cute post, Lulu! =)
I'm always on the lookout for the perfect, inexpensive vintage dress. I haven't found it yet, and maybe I never will. I'll probably have to sew one sometime. =)
Blessings to you!

Gwendolyn said...

Hi Lulu!
That is exactly how I feel about modest fashion. There are so many exciting possibility's for modest girls now ( although, as you have said, most of them are expensive). Thanks for the great post!
-Gwynne